From:
"Thorn, Michael" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Thorn, Michael
Date:
Fri, 18 May 2012 17:37:00 +0000

Also at http://tinyurl.com/cj3j9z6

-Michael Thorn

From: Cynthia Beckman [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2012 12:48 PM
To: 'Cynthia Beckman'
Subject: Domino's Gluten-Free Pizza Controversy

We have received many questions concerning the Domino's pizza gluten-free issues.  Please find below a link to a TV segment from Fox 5 NY News in New York City in which both myself and Suzanne Simpson, from the Celiac Disease Center at Columbia University responded to questions.

We think that that Domino's Pizza received very bad advice concerning the production, preparation and marketing of this product.  It is extremely disappointing and confusing for those with celiac disease that a gluten-free product could be advertised as not being appropriate for people with celiac disease.   This issue highlights the need for there to be a standardization of the preparation of gluten-free products and the development of appropriate regulations.

Link to segment:

http://www.myfoxny.com/story/18431115/dominos-pizza-gluten-free-crust-controversy

best,
Peter HR Green, MD
Professor of Clinical Medicine
Columbia University
Director, Celiac Disease Center at Columbia University

Cynthia Beckman
Director of Development
Celiac Disease Center at Columbia University
Harkness Pavilion
180 Fort Washington Avenue
Suite 934
New York, NY  10032