From:
Joyce Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joyce Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 2008 09:57:19 -0800

Summary - Part 2 of 2.  Thanks again, everyone!  Joyce

The only all-inclusive resorts i've been to were through Bob and Ruth's GF Travel Club which were amazing. Club Med in Cancun, Turks & Caicos, Punta Cana...with many activities for the children.  They could be a little pricey though.

***

We had a fabulous trip to Beaches at urks and Caicos.  They have several menu's and the foood manager arranged that we could eat where ever we wished and they would aadapt for us.  We were three with GF needs and all stayed well and loved the place.  We want to return.

***
We loved Beaches resort in Jamaica.  They have several in Jamaica & the one
we specifically went to was Sandy Bay.  They were wonderful & bent over
backwards for my daughter.  For cruises, we have been on 2 lines--Holland
America & Royal Carribean.  Both were very supportive but my kids would say
that hands down, Royal Carribean was the most fun for kids & were much more
keyed into GF issues & choices.  We went on the Freedom of the Seas last
summer & had a fabulous time.  There are a million fun things for a family
to do together on the ship--ice skating, rock climbing, surfing & a
miniature golf course to name a few.

***
We cruise a lot and will go on our 13th on Jan 4th on the new Celebrity's solstice. I took the whole family which included two grandsons and their parents on a
Disney cruise during the 4th of July week  The cruise and g/f food was fantastic and included pancakes for breakfast and fresh baked bread fro dinner but it was only for 4 days I think then the week at Disney world was too crowded to suit me.  There is a Celebrity cruise leaving out of Charleston where I am from and the prices are fantastic starting at 878.00 for a single room to 4000.00 for a Sky Suite which we booked and this is a 11 day cruise and it is in Feb. 2009.  If you want to go soon my wife says there is still rooms available on this Solstice cruise on January 4th and this is a 7 day cruise.  Carnival cruises are sometimes cheaper and more crowded and more noisy with loud annoying announcements all day.

On the Disney cruise we drove down to Cape Canaveral and stayed overnight. Subscribe to www.cruisecritic.com and you can learn a lot about cruising as the first reports are coming in about the new Solstice after it's first cruise.

****
Bob and Ruth's does 2 gluten-free Club-Med trips per year; one for families and one for adults.   Club Med is not GF normally, but they are during the week of the B&R trip.

***
We have been to the Grand Palladium Colonial and White Sands in Riviera Maya
three times and I would definitely recommend it.  The food service manager,
Armando, is always available to make sure that I get plenty to eat.  He just
asks that I let him know where I will be dining and then alerts his managers
to make sure I have something safe to eat.  The last time we were there, he
said he really wanted to make me a pizza and hoped to be able to make me one
on our next visit.  It is also a great place for kids.  We have stayed on
the Colonial side, the Kantenah side, and the White Sands side.  The
Kantenah was my least favorite because the rooms seemed so far away from
everything -- I guess that is why it is the least expensive.