Date:
Sat, 10 Sep 2005 12:40:24 -0700

Dear List-

I wasn't able to find anyone with GF meal experience
at UConn/ JDH, though I appreciate the folks who wrote
to wish me well.

As for the hospital food service:  My food was
excellent.
 A menu of available food is in the drawer of the
bedside table, no pre-ordained "hospital food". I
ordered a custom meal by phone at every mealtime. They
used clean pans, aluminum foil if necessary, and each
meal came with a ticket like a cash register receipt
that detailed preparation instructions and said
"GLUTEN FREE" at the top, middle, and bottom. My name
was "flagged" so that each time they went into the
computer it gave my dietary requirements, and my name
was posted on the wall as a back-up.

Curious surgical residents and med students came in to
ask me about Celiac Disease, effects, and diet. The
future of diagnosis & treatment, perhaps?

One of the workers answering the phone told me there's
another patient in the hospital right now who's Celiac
and "she educated us pretty well." I don't know who
this person is, but she made my life easier and I hope
she does well.

All in all, a very good dietary experience.

Kathy

Live now, age later!  Anti-aging supplements, dietary supplements, and
vitamins.
Visit  http://www.hubbellhealth.unfranchise.com/