From:
Cynthia Mayhew <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 May 2000 09:57:42 EDT

I am 32 and live outside of Boston.

Im looking for suggestions because I really need to get it together in living
a gluten free lifestyle.  My problem is that I cheat and I want to stop.  I
want to stop ruining my health and this great Life that I have been given.
The times I cheat are times of weakness.  I get so hungry and get into this
frame of mind of "just a little wont hurt".  It does hurt.  I have chronic
diarreah and being pregnant, I sometimes have gone into pre-term labor from
eating gluten (this was before I knew I had celiac).    I get frustrated w/
labels.  What does "contains other natural ingredients mean"?  Isnt it
against the FDA for them to not be specific?  What do you all do when you
encounter that on a label?  I often just go ahead and eat.  I also don't have
a gluten-free kitchen.  I have five small children (and one on the way) and
would like to know how you all manage it.  I KNOW for a fact the gluten
police would arrest me if they came here.  : )   I share toasters and pots
and counter's w/ my family (and they eat lots of macaroni and bread).  I
can't imagine how I can afford to go out and buy all new appliances and
cookware not to mention buying  rice/alternative foods for four times the
price.

Im just overwhelmed at the thought of all that this entails But I have to
change because I want to take responsibility for my health.  I just know I
will feel better.  I also need to mention that I can't have citrus either
(lemons limes etc.) so that further compounds the prob.
patient hearted responses greatly appreciated..

Thank you,
Cynthia