From:
David Tanzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Jul 1996 23:43:05 EDT

Hi,

That is really unpleasant news about how much stuff
can be added to white rice without being listed on the
box.  It implies that we have to be versed in FDA literature
in order to know what we're eating--but how many of
us have time to research federal regulations?

It didn't sound like any of the substances used to
"enrich" white rice contained any gluten--correct me if I'm
wrong.  Does anybody know if those chemicals can be
tainted by gluten in the process of their production?

Thanks,
Dave Tanzer / NYC