From:
Latimer Kells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Apr 2001 19:50:22 -0400

Was recently put on a drug called Humatin, as well as oil of oregano,
Kyolic (garlic capsules) and Culturelle (a probiotic) by my physician to
eradicate giardia.  Within a few days of taking this regimen, I began
experiencing a resurgence of neurological symptoms, such as tingling in
the legs, mild intermittent "electrical zap" in the limbs, and a
somewhat numb-ish tongue (as well as some changes in female hormone
levels).

For those of you who have experienced neuro symptoms with celiac, have
you ever had increased neuro symptoms when you've been put on meds or
herbs?  I believe all the things I listed above are GF, but I am not
100% sure.  I mean, my doctor knows about celiac and he prescribed them.
 I would love to hear if anyone has had a resurgence of neuro symptoms
when taking meds.

The only other thing I can think of is that I've been eating a bit more
canned tuna lately.  I buy Bumble Bee albacore that is not salted.  The
ingredients are tuna and demineralized water.  I assume this is GF?  I
also noted some increased symptoms with canned salmon (ingredients were
just salmon, salt, water).

Is it possible I am getting gluten from canned fish that lists such
simple ingredients?

Thanks.  Will summarize if there is any info that will benefit others.

Latimer