From:
Susan Tyson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Nov 1997 11:39:11 SAST-2

Hi Listmembers,

I was diagnosed with celiac disease two years ago and for about a
year I recovered really well.  This year, however, I have been
struggling with a weight loss problem.  I went back to the doctors
and after substantial tests they couldn't find anything wrong - they
just suggested that I try and eat more food!  I have been keeping a
very strict gluten free diet so I can't really understand why I am
having this weight loss problem - I have been eating a great deal of
food and lots of "build-up" drinks, none of which seem to work.

Has anybody had a similar problem or does anyone have any advice that
they can offer me?  I would really like to start putting on some
weight again, and get back that healthy feeling that I so enjoyed last
year!

Thanks in advance

Susie
(South Africa)