From:
"Lorry B. Getz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 09:01:35 -0700

Hi,

I received about 10 replies to my questions on Sterk's Bakery.  I wanted
to know what the listmembers thought of them.

All but one response really liked Sterks.  That one who did not like
Sterck's had ordered from them several years ago and indicated their
rolls/bread were hard.  They did however recommend the cheese flavored
rice crackers.

A few respondents indicated Sterk's came to their support groups and had
delicious foods.  They tried their bagels, bread, rolls, and hot dog
buns all of which were great.

A few said Sterk's white bread was excellent and the best they've had so
far.  One person said to get their fruit cake with marzapan icing for
the holidays. One of these folks said Sterck's has been a lifesaver for
them since 1991.  They get the white bread which they warm up in the
microwave and it tastes like homemade..pizza shells, pound cake, pancake
mix, bagels, etc and their baked goods have good taste.

Sterk's is now going to Europe to distribute their products. Sterk's is
a family run business...they are from Holland but now live in Canada.
Thier daughter has celiac disease and they are very nice people.
Sterk's is located primarily in Ontario, Canada at 3866 23rd St. Jordan,
On Canada L0R 1S0, and they also have an American address at 1402 Pine
Ave, Suite 727 Niagara Falls, NY 14301.

Their toll free number is 1-800-608-4501.  Their regular phone number is
(905) 562-3086 9-5 pm.  Their fax number is (905) 562-3847.  The store
hours are  M-F 9-5 and Saaturdays 9-4

Their prices seem to be quite reasonable and some have indicated they
were swayed by their pricing.  Their products are shipped vacuum packed
by surface UPS and regular mail.  it is extra to have orders shipped by
air.

I think I will give them a try after the holidays and see how we like
them.

Thanks to all who took the time to respond to my request.

Robin in CO USA