From:
A S Levario <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
A S Levario <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Aug 2003 06:05:49 -0700

The TODAY show featured Celiac Disease this morning, August
18.

It was an incredible opportunity to increase awareness
about celiac disease.

It also gives us a PRIME opportunity to convey our message
about food labeling.

Now that the segment has been shown, Congress Needs to HEAR
FROM US.

Call the local office of your Congressman(woman) and
Senators. (To find phone numbers - go to
www.capwiz.com/celiac and enter your zip code)

These are the points to emphasize:

-- You saw the Today show segment on Celiac Disease

-- You (or a family member) have celiac disease

-- Current food labels are too difficult to read, and
determine if the food is safe to eat.

-- People with celiac disease and food allergies risk
getting sick each day

-- we need BETTER labeling to stay healthy.

Close by Thanking the Staff for their time.

Offer to email a fact sheet on Celiac Disease or direct
them to it --
 www.celiaccenter.org/taskforcefactsheet.pdf

THIS IS Our Chance -- TAKE ACTION -- for Better Food
Labeling.

American Celiac Task Force