Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2007 15:51:40 EST

Hello everyone, here are the responses I received regarding  Philadeldphia.
Thank you to everyone who responded:

There is a TGI Fridays within walking distance of the Franklin Institute  and
of course there are Outback, Carrabba's, and PF Chang's in the area.   If
your fussy 8 year old likes Mexican, there is a Qdoba (www.qdoba.com) at 16th
and Walnut.  I get their 3 cheese nachos and have had no reaction to them  and
they have a lot of kid friendly burritos and stuff for non-celiacs.   Walnut
Street is sort of the artsy street (along with South street) in Philly  and I
love sitting at the counter in Qdoba's window and watching the Walnut  street
people walk past as I eat.

I have CD and live in Philadelphia and I eat Cheesesteaks all the time.  You
just have to make sure the french fries are GF, then ask them to make  a
normal cheesesteak (I like provolone, onions, and hot peppers), except I ask  them
to put the fries on a plate and then put the cheesesteak sans roll on top  of
the fries.  Sweet Lucy's is a family owned and operated BBQ place where  they
make everything from scratch.  They won't change things to make them  CD, but
they are good about discussing the ingredients with you and I've found  plenty
there that I can eat.

You have to check out Mr. Ritt's Gluten Free Bakery its on 709 East  Passyunk
Avenue.. ph   215 627 3034.. I was in Philly a few weeks  ago and got the
most wonderful peanut butter cookies, breads, and carrot cake!  GIve them a call,
they also have a good idea of where to eat in the area.

I love OLD Bookbinder's...great seafood.

Pattie
http://www.aol.com.