From:
"Lisa M. Holm" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Oct 1996 07:41:19 -0700

Well, I feel like a big doofus.

Seems my father's been talking to the people at
work and has been informed that in the U.S. it is
currently illegal to put anything but grape alcohol
(distilled wine) in U.S. wines.  Doesn't say anything
about imported wines, but the domestics should
all be gluten free!  (Hey, it's only been one wine-
free week, right?)

If you have a reaction to wine, it's quite probably
to the sulfites, which are put in most wines as a
preservative.  I think most bottles have this written
somewhere on the label.

Bottoms up!

Lisa Holm
Napa, CA