From:
Sally Lopez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Oct 1998 22:21:26 -0500

My electric tortilla maker arrived.  It is a cute little griddle about
the size of a cake pan.  Easy instructions, teflon lined, and easy
cleanup.  I made up a recipe for flour tortillas sort of on the fly,
made a little ball of dough and put it in the press!  Voila!  About
15-30 seconds later, I had a perfect little cooked pancake that I could
use for roll-ups or as a substitute for flour tortillas (don't you get
tired of the corn kind!)  It would make a great taco or quesidilla or
taquita (spelling?) I could make them a little thicker (which would work
as a substitute burger bun) or very thin (which would make great dessert
crepes if a little sugar were added).  They would also make perfect
little mini-pizzas.  I made a dozen or so of them (I probably ate 6 with
peanut butter while I cooked the rest).  I let them cool down and then
stored them in a margarine tin and popped them into the fridge.  I
cooked them leaving them sort of soft (like a flour tortilla) so that
they would roll up easily around the meat or whatever they were stuffed
with (cooking time about 15-20 seconds). This way I could reheat them
microwave at lunch.  The recipe is a work in progress (my first attempt
to speak of) and wasn't half bad!  I need to check some of the other
recipes to see if there might be a way to improve it.  All in all the
results were wonderful for a first attempt and I'm excited about having
some other way to eat a "sandwich" (since I can't stand the gf breads
from the store!)  If you need more information, please contact me
individually.

Sally