From:
Janet Wager <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janet Wager <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 2003 15:45:52 -0500

Listmates,
Just a word of caution about Progresso soups.  I was at my local grocery
store stocking up on Progresso soup today, and noticed that they now list
common allergens (wheat, soy, dairy, eggs, etc.) at the bottom of the
ingredient list in bold type.  They may have been doing this for some time,
but I haven't purchased their soup in a while.  I was so impressed, and
noticed that everything that I knew had wheat in it said it contained wheat
ingredients in the warning.  However, they have come out with a new line
called "Rich & Hearty" soups.  I was scanning them looking to see if any
were gluten free, and I saw one called Chicken Pot Pie.  I scanned the
warning label and it didn't say it contained wheat.  I was ready to put it
in the basket, but thought I'd better read the ingredients just to make
sure.  It stated in the ingredient list that it contains wheat starch, but
this was not noted in the common allergen warning line at the bottom.  Just
another reminder to always read ALL of the ingredients!

Janet