From:
Jane Conrad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Oct 1998 11:06:44 AST

Thank you to everyone who responded to my soy problem.

Alot of you had developed soy sensitivities or allergy to soy and
many other things after going gluten free.. The drink that I had was
Edenblend, Organic  Soy and Rice drink.  The ingrediend's are organic
soybeans, organic rice, (no rice syrup) kombu seaweed, carageenan and
sea salt in it.  On the weekend I had GF soysauce,and I bought
soybeans, and I did not have a reaction to any of it.  My vitamin E
also is made from purified soy.  So  I have come to the conclusion
that it was the kombu seaweed, whatever that is, I'm sure it's gluten
free, but I could just be allergic to it. (I've also had carageenan
before and don't seem to have a problem).

Someone emailed me yesterday asking if I was allergic to aspirin
because soy is similar, I'm sorry but my computer crashed and I lost
the message, but if you are out there could you send it again, I am
interested in what you were saying.

Also, thanks for all the responses on my thyroid medication,
synthroid.  It is amazing, how many celiacs have thyroid problems!
Most of you said it takes time to fine tune the dosage, and that they
had no problems with synthroid.

Regards
Jane
Nova Scotia