Date:
Tue, 30 Dec 2003 17:14:31 -0500

Here is a very helpful response from the makers of Holgrain Rice Crackers
at www.holgrain.com

Thank you for your inquiry regarding our Crackers.  Yes, we do make whole
wheat crackers.  The whole wheat crackers are NOT manufactured on the same
production date/week as the Brown Rice Crackers.  There is also a thorough
process of cleaning the machines, conveyors, packaging equipment between
runs.  The machine the makes the crackers heats up to over 700 degrees F.
After this machine is cleaned it is also burned off between runs.  The
first few sheets of crackers that come off the machine are discarded to
make sure of no cross contamination.  Also, the wheat is not stored in the
same area/location as the rice is stored so there is no cross
contamination.  I hope this answers your questions.  If you have any other
questions please do not hesitate to contact me.  If I can't answer them,
I'll find someone who can.

Thanks,

Chris R. Fichter
Office Manager