From:
Sarah D Bauermeister <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 06:15:14 -0500

Hi there

Could any of you possibly please help interpret my results from Enterolab.
I had been on a gluten free diet for 9 months prior to being tested, a
strict gluten free diet because I am very sensitive to gluten.

Fecal Antigliadin IgA                 10 Units      (Negative <10 Units)

Stool Test for Autoimmune Reaction to Tissue Transglutaminase
Fecal Antitissue transglutaminase IgA     11 Units    (Negative <10 Units)

Gene Test for Gluten Sensitivity
                        Molecular analysis: HLA-DQB1*0501, 0301

  Serologic equivalent:  HLA-DQ 1,7  (a subtype of 1,3)

Interpretation:   HLA gene analysis reveals that you have a genotype that
predisposes to gluten sensitivity (HLA-DQ1,3 especially that involving
DQB1*0501 and DQB1*0301) which can cause current or future intestinal
damage, and/or other organ damage via autoimmune mechanisms. This genotype
also can predispose to microscopic colitis and other autoimmune syndromes.

Dr. Fine does give an intrpretation but I just wondered if any of you can
give another interpretation to me.  It is important as I have 7 children
and so far they have all tested positive for an IgG test for wheat/gluten
etc. and now I need to decide if it is worth having them tested for celiac.

This is the only diagnosis, besides my positive response on a GF diet that
I have had because I went gluten free first.

Thank you for any help
Sarah