From:
Bob/Sue Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 May 1998 21:33:19 -0100

The McMartins wrote:

>                                       Rice Cake tips:
>
> Bake them @ 300 degrees for an hour and store in an air tight
> container...improves the taste immensely
>
> Toast them in a toaster for quick 'breads'

Listmembers:  Please be very careful if you toast rice cakes in a
toaster; they can catch on fire and make a VERY high flame.  I set my
paper towels on fire with a burning rice cake once.  If you must toast
them (and they are good that way), be sure your toaster is out in the
open and you watch it at all times.

Sue in Maryland