From:
Debbie Forestello <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Debbie Forestello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 18:19:30 -0500

Hi, again!  I've gotten so many responses/excellent words of advice from all
of you, I thought you might be interested in what I've learned as of today:
First of all, ALL of my children that were tested actually came back with
something "abnormal" on the lab work.  I picked up copies today.  The one I
reported to you as being told is a "Weak Positive" had the following
results: IGA - Neg., IGG - 23 (20-30 is considered Weak Positive, and
T-Transglutaminase - Neg.  The 10 yr. old I was told is Negative has the
exact same results as the 11 yr.old IGG of 23.  So I assume that also
classifies her as "Weak Positive".  My other child, 7 yrs.old, showed
negative on the IGA,IGG,& T-Transglutaminase however, had a high titer on
the Reticulin IGG AB (I am clueless to what this last one is).  So, either
the results I was given on the phone by the Pediatrician were not completely
accurate, or I have just enough medical background to make me dangerous and
I'm interpreting these lab results all wrong.  It's beginning to frustrate
me and is certainly causing me to question whether this doctor knows what's
going on - with regards to CD.  I've gotten the names of some pedi
Gastroenterologists and plan to contact them tomorrow to see if any are
familiar with CD and go from there with additional testing. Thanks again for
encouraging me to go with my "gut" instinct!
- Debbie