From:
Lisa McKinney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 10:16:49 -0600

Hi listmembers-

A day or two ago I shared that Flavorite almond bark is gf.  I had a
request for phone numbers/addresses.  The company that manufactures the
Flavorite is J. B. San Fillipo.  Since there was no phone number on the
package and they were not listed with the directory in Eden Prairie,
Minnesota, (the address on the package), I called my grocery store who
gave me the --can't think of the name I want here -- the guy who buys
this type product for the grocery store, who gave me another number, and
so on.  Supervalu was the company listed on the package 800-256-2800.
They referred me to San Fillipo.  The gal I spoke to told me it was gf
per reading ingredients off the package label.  I informed her you will
never find Gluten listed as an ingredient on any package (almost
never).  She did call the company and got back to me the next day that
there was no gluten in the product.  Sorry I didn't ask about the other
flavors -- I only bought the vanilla.

Last year I used Plymouth Pantry almond bark and had a similar trek as
to getting the gluten info and tracking them down.  Don't know where I
have that phone number now.

The info on the Flavorite package is:  Distributed by Supervalu Inc.,
Store Brands, Eden Prairie, MN 55344.  One of the buyers I spoke to said
phone numbers often change and addresses and that companies buy their
packaging in bulk to save money, sometimes buying up to 10 years' worth
at a time.  No wonder we can't get any changes in our labeling!

Happy holidays.

Lisa