From:
Robert Robinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 12:46:46 EST

Thank you to all who replied to my question about what to do for lunch for
my recently diagnosed teen-aged nephew.  Below are some of the suggestions:

use rice crackers or rice cakes
tuna or chicken salad with rice cakes
gf waffles as "bread" for sandwiches
lunch meat roll-ups
yogurts
roasted veggies
cesear salad
rolls from gilliansfoods
corn tortillas as roll ups
ValleyFresh meats

plus great recipes for breads and pizzacrusts and a website for lunch
suggestions (http://forums.delphi.com/celiac/start)

Besides the many varied lunch suggestions, there were strategies for coping
with school cafeterias (such as asking to use the school microwave) plus
lots of messages of support and encouragement.  My sincere thanks to
everyone who responded. I have forward all your suggestions to my sister (my
nephews mom) and told her about this wonderful support network.  Thanks
again.

-Rob in upstate NY