Date:
Wed, 6 Oct 2004 08:51:36 -0500

I spoke to a woman at customer service today at Sara Lee and she confirmed
that the following products were gluten free:

All Kahn's hot dogs
All Ball Park hot dogs
All Jimmy Dean sausage and bacon (except, of course, the sandwiches)
All Hillshire Farms meats except the fresh beer brats and corn dogs
All Beef Jerky except the Teriyaki flavor

She also said to avoid dry products such as dry gravy mix, dry chili mix
and all of the sandwich products.  (I'm not sure what brand these are.)
The woman knew immediately what gluten free meant and seemed very
knowledgeable; however, she said that she did not have a printed list of
gluten free products.   You are welcome to call and confirm any of these
products' status.

From the website for Hillshire Farms and Kahn's:
We recommend you call 1-800-328-2426 (8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. ET M-F) with the
product name and UPC number and we can give you this information.
Ingredients such as wheat, milk and eggs are not used as flavorings and
are not included in spice mixes

Kathy
Pittsburgh, PA