From:
Kratzmeier Family <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kratzmeier Family <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 May 2007 09:15:20 -0400

Here are the responses that I received and my comments:

If you check out their website, www.hersheypark.com and look under food & shops, then under healthy food options, the last paragraph is about gluten.  They have 4 restaurants listed there that actually have GF bread and rolls!

>>> Yes they do but when my husband and son went to 3 of the 4 places listed, none of them had gluten free rolls. I tried to call several times prior to them going to verify this information -- left messages and no one ever got back to me.

When you first walk into the Park, Pa's Kosher Mart has a gluten free menu. Hersheypark also has Dip-N-Dot kiosks, Boardwalk Fries (be sure to ask what else is cooked in the oil), as well as Kettle Corn Popcorn (check on that too). I've eaten it many times and have never gotten sick. Hope this helps. Have fun!

We were there last summer and there is a kosher restaurant on the left, not
too far into the entrance of the park. They serve gluten free chicken which
is very good. They are very aware of celiac disease and he just needs to ask
at the window and they will tell him what is gluten free that they serve.

I remember my son also having a frozen lemonade in the park. Another place
deeper in the park serves big turkey legs which were also gluten free.
Everyone was good about letting us take a look at ingredient lists. I can't
remember if we had any fries or not or what other snacks we managed to find.
I think there is an edy's ice cream stand there, if I remember correctly

You might want to contact the Celiac support group in Hershey.
Harrisburg - Support Group:    /     Contact: Linda L. Weller     /    Tel: (717) 520-9817
E-mail: [log in to unmask]    /    Internet: http://www.harrisburgceliacs.org

*******
*******