From:
The McMartin's <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jun 1998 16:21:16 -0700

Dear List Members,

Since I only received one recipe, I was not going to do a summary.  However
3 folks have asked for me to send them what I received ...so here goes.

                                              (And thank you, Clelia!)

Here is the one and only Noodle recipe that I got that does not use wheat,
dairy & eggs are optional....

RICE FLOUR NOODLES
1/2 cup Club House Rice Flour
1/2 cup Club House Potato Flour
1/3 cup Cornstarch
1/2 tsp Salt
1-2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
Optional:  2 eggs, lightly beaten

Sift dry ingredients into a bowl...repeat 3 - 4 times...make a well in the
center and add the oil and the eggs or enough water to equal 2 eggs.
Gradually draw dry ingredients from the edges of the bowl into the liquid
to form a stiff dough.  Use hands to knead the dough into a smooth ball.

Generously dust board and rolling pin with rice flour.  Roll out the dough
as thin as possible.  Cut into noodles.  The pasta is now ready to cook or
freeze uncooked for future use.

Cook in boiling salted water for about 10 minutes or until al dente.

Notes:

Dough is fragile and needs gentle handling.  It is not suitable for use in
a pasta maker.

Vegetable oil is variable...add enough to make a smooth ball.

Noodles require longer cooking time then wheat pasta does.

Food processors are not recommended in this recipe's preparation.

Good luck!

Rhonda