From:
Cindy Breeden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 17:31:35 -0800

I need your help...

I am a diagnosed Celiac. My daughter recently went in for some blood
work and her ferriten level was 7 (low) and her Serum transferrin was
low. Her Pediatrician was not to concerned and told me to give her more
Iron, but because her red blood count was OK she was not anemic.
Currently she takes a multi vitamin with iron daily. Her eating habits
are OK....The Doctor agreed to do the antiibody testing so we are
waiting for these test results to come back.She always had trouble with
her GI tract andI have always suspecious of Celiac....but hoped not. I
also had low ferriten as one of my first symptoms of CD, so I am
concerned about her. She gets extremely wiped out lately and I think the
low ferriten is effecting her. The Pediatrician assued me that the low
ferriten should not affect how she feels. Does any one know what the low
ferriten and low transferrin saturation mean???Could it be Celiac or are
there other things I should have her tested for or be worried about???

Thanks for your help. I will summarize my results.

Cindy in California