From:
Suzanne Rampton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Suzanne Rampton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 2004 23:22:46 -0500

As promised, below is the statement directly from Penzeys Spices.  I
did ask them if they would also address how the incorrect (though
very specific) information was given to me over the phone.  However,
they did not choose to do that in writing.

If you have any questions about what is written below, or if the
information is unclear, please do not write to me, but write directly
to <mailto:[log in to unmask]>John P. Tillison at [log in to unmask]
I'm sure he will answer any questions you have.

~~~~~~~~~~

ALLERGENS

Issue Date:  2/2/04

Penzeys Spices is unaware of allergenic response to any ingredients
used in our dehydrated onion, garlic, capsicum, spices or herbs.
These products do not contain any of the common allergens:  peanuts,
tree nuts, shellfish, eggs, fish, milk, soy, and wheat.

Ingredients are clearly listed for our spice blends.  Some
ingredients used in blending that contain possible allergens include
wheat flour, lactose, monosodium glutamate, and dehydrated cheese.
The wheat flour, lactose and monosodium glutamate are used in Taco
seasoning and the dehydrated cheeses are used in our line of cheese
blends.  A meticulous clean up is performed after production of these
items. Penzeys soup bases are produced at another facility and are
known to contain allergens.  All other blends are free of common
allergens.

Penzeys Spices
(signed)
John P. Tillison