From:
Frances Kelley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Frances Kelley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 2004 11:37:02 -0600

Over the Christmas Holidays we traveled to Boston to be with family.  On
Christmas Eve we had dinner at Legal Seafoods in Chestnut Hill.  We have
eaten there in the past with my 8 year old celiac daughter and have always
been very happy with the care they took in dealing with special diets.

We ordered and my daughter specified no "wheat, barley rye or oats".  She
never said celiac nor did she say gluten.  About 5 minutes after ordering
the manger came over to confirm the requirements of the special diet.  He
said "Is that celiac?" and gave us a gluten free menu.  We almost dropped
off our chairs.  What a wonderful treat to have them understand CD and now
we have a gluten free menu for return visits.

The menu is just 2 pages photocopies.  The manager said that they always
try to have a couple of copies at the desk.  But, sometimes they run
out.  He was not able to confirm if this was available at just the Chestnut
Hill location or at all Legal Seafood restaurants.

So, if you are eating in the Chestnut Hill Legal Seafoods ask for the
Gluten Free or Celiac Menu.

Enjoy.

Francie Kelley
Austin, TX