From:
Lynne Allison Weagle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 May 1997 23:03:44 -0700

Hi there!
     I've just very recently been diagnosed with CD and am trying to get
used to the diet.  I really miss bread and baked goods, and would like
to try out some recipes for my bread machine (as well as some for
cookies!)
     Could someone please tell me what the differences between potato
flour, potato starch, and potato starch flour are?  I have read that
potato starch flour should be used as part of the substitute flour
recipe, but I have only been able to find either potato flour or potato
starch, not "potato starch flour."
     Also, what is the difference between guar gum and xanthan gum
(besides about $15 for a small bag?)  Can you use these interchangeably,
or is there a way to substitute guar gum for xanthan gum in recipes?
     Thanks very much for your help!  This list is a great resource.

Lynne Weagle                   Vancouver, Canada