From:
deni weber <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
deni weber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Jun 2005 10:16:04 -0500

I have been so pleased with the  progress made in food manufacturing.
As someone diagnosed 15 years ago I have seen tremendous strides
made.  However, I am becoming more and more discouraged with the
information disclosures being made on medications.

I just called Pfizer to check on a med and was given a wonderful non
answer as to whether or not the antibiotic I need is gluten free.
Where once Pfizer would claim all meds are gluten free - I was told
that they cannot guarantee their meds to be gf as they have no
control over secondary suppliers and their inerts can change at any
time.  I know this is a CYA and the lawyers talking ... but I need to
know for sure.  I have an anaphylactic/convulsive response to gluten.
I then called Merck to check on the med that my doc ordered JUST IN
CASE I react to the antibiotic - and they will "give no more
information than the FDA requires" and referred me to a website where
I got a non answer to my question AGAIN.  I was told:

"The source of starch in this formulation is corn.  Other inactive
ingredients may be derived from a source other than corn.  We are not
aware of published reports associating the use of our products
according to package label directions with a worsening of symptoms in
patients with celiac disease.

We hope this information is helpful."

What in the heck does "Other inactive ingredients may be derived from
a source other than corn" mean???

I know some companies are great but ...  to me the med issue looms
far larger than the food issue - especially as I find the warranty
has expired on this 50+ body.

With great frustration and a tooth abcess that is not healing,

deni weber

Valparaiso, IN  USA

--
Confidentiality Notice: Please remember that email cannot be
guaranteed a secure medium for transmission of confidential