From:
Ann Sokolowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Nov 1998 14:53:38 -0500

I have a partial summary to the question of overweight.  There appears
to be two different groups who are cd and overweight.  One group can
trace its weight problems to over-eating gf cookies, cakes and esp.
breads.  Now that people are able to consume these, they consume these
in a big way.  They can and do successfully lose weight by cutting out
the carbs and exercising more.

There is a substantial other group that has been watching their diet,
esp carbs, and either not losing or gaining wt.  I have asked these
people about their thyroid--many have volunteered that they do have slow
thyroids.

good news, tho, a smaller number of women who have been gf for a long
time and exercise regularly, eat well and watch the carbs, have been
slowly losing weight over the long haul.  One person said that her body
is beginning to catch up to her.

I'll report back when I get the rest of this info together.

Thank you so much for all of your input.  I think it helps us all.
Ann