Date:
Tue, 24 Aug 2004 12:23:00 EDT

Dear List,

Did I miss something on the List? Are we not supposed to have ginger?

I went to Catalina Island over the weekend. For a preparation, the lady at
the health food store suggested I start loading up with Ginger. She told me to
start right away, and continue during the trip to prevent Sea Sickness.
She suggested the ginger candy, but it was coated with sugar, so I declined.

While drinking the first diet ginger-ale soda, I noticed I started to feel a
little nauseated, it felt like if I could burp really good, I would feel
better. I just figured, that - that was normal. After that feeling went away, I
drank another one, with dinner. Sometime, after dinner, I ate 5 rice/ginger
cookies,  I ate the rest later on, I think there were 12 altogether.. as the night
wore on -- I felt really sick, rumbling in the tummy, with running to the
bathroom every hour.. I didn't sleep at all. Finally, at 4:30 am. I took some
anti-diarrheal. It stopped the potty "runs" but I still didn't sleep.  We left at
6:15 am.

Do you think all of this was from the ginger? I've never had anything like
this since before I went completely GF, except when I had the flu, etc.  I
didn't "do" anymore ginger during the next day. I didn't get Sea Sick, and I had a
really good time, except I was really tired.

I was a "little" apprehensive about being in a boat, surrounded by all of
that water, but I didn't think I was that scared...  Is it possible?  I don't
understand what happened.  I've eaten those type of cookies before, not all in
one day/night though.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? I never want to go through that again..

Thank you,

Jerri