From:
Olive Kaiser <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Olive Kaiser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Sep 2006 15:01:18 -0700

Hi,

  My GF sister is visiting Japan for 2 weeks with her husband, mainly staying in homes of members of our church in Ogaki, Tokyo, Yokohama, and Kyoto.  She does not speak Japanese and their hosts speak only a little English.

  Is gluten sensitivity understood in Japan as it is in Europe and the UK?

  Will she be allowed to carry some food over from the States? Any advice regarding meals, safe foods and restaurants is appreciated.

  Thanks,
  Olive Kaiser

Mrs. Olive Kaiser
www.glutensensitivity.net
877-456-7704
877-888-6033 fax

Disclaimer --- I am a volunteer and not a medical expert, but I can
share with you information that I have found helpful.  Please contact
a well informed medical professional for medical advice regarding your situation.
Please verify the gluten free status of products often for your own protection.