From:
Jenny Cronin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Dec 1996 16:15:08 +0000

Hello,

I was recently reading about a child who had a disease which affected
his immune system.  The parents were not aware that he had the
disease at the time he had his polio vacine as an infant.
Consequently, he developed polio from the vacine because of his
undiagnosed immune deficiency..  The chances of this happening
are very great apparently.  I guess my question is this:

Would this be another reason to hold off gluten in an infant
until after maybe the first year (or even up to the point when
vacines are done with) just in case the immune system is compromised?
I have a 3 yr old who has CD and now have a 3 month old daughter
which is why I've been thinking along these lines.  I will be having
the baby tested at some point for CD.

I have another question which I believe may have been brought up, but
I cannot find the discussion on it.  It was mentioned that steriods
may cause problems with a person with CD.  If so, would this include
the prescription drugs used with colds (Ventilin comes to mind as
one)?

Thanks for any feedback.
Jenny Cronin
Shorewood, IL