From:
Jane Conrad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 1995 13:51:12 AST

Leanne:
I'm a 38 year old female recently biopsy  diagnosed (two months ago)
with celiac.  I was told for years it was  IBS until my celiac
diagnosis.  Because of my anemia and low folic acid, I was sent to a
hemeatologist and she sent me to a gastroentologist and he did a
small bowel biopsy.  I go back in April for the second one.  I joined
this list about a month ago and was astonished to hear the terrible
times some people had with gluten.  I have never been that sick.  I
never lost weight.  And I to could probably eat a pizza with little
side effects, just the usually bloating.  I have diarrhea in the
mornings, but I believe it's due to all the mg of iron I'm taking.
But certainly no sickness, or pain or cramps or bowel problems any
other time of the day. My GP was quite surprised by the diagnosis.
 After listening to some of the other celiac
sufferers I'm wondering if my biopsy was misread, and if I really
have this at all!!  After listening to some of the people from the
U.S. I'm also very thankful I don't have to pay for all this!
(Although we pay through the nose with our taxes).

Jane
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada