From:
The Rates <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Rates <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2006 17:41:44 -0400

Thank you to all who replied. We're looking forward to trying this restaurant now we know it has been a success for most.

Debbie

yes, plus Brasilian food is bascially gf.  Have fun..food is great!!

Hello,
I have eaten safely there a few times. Great salad bar, amazing bbq meats and they have those delicious manioc rolls (GF) that are like chebe bread. It is a bit pricey, but worth every penny.
Enjoy!
For more GF eating in NYC go to the GF IN NY page at www.silly-yak.com.

have eaten at that restaurant about 3 times- though not in recent years.
I do remember having some minor issues ( sometimes I react with a passing GI problem as opposed to a severe CD reaction) the first time that I went- I was a little more daring than I should have been at the salad bar and I blamed it on something ( vinegars?) in the salads. But the next times, I did not eat anything suspect and stuck to the meats and plain salads and I was fine.
But- while the food is plentiful, it is no better than average. That is the reason that I do not go back unless for business.
If you are looking for a place in that general area, I would steer you towards Marseille. A completely different kind of restaurant true, but great food and one of the bartenders has CD. More info on Menupages.com

Hi!  We have eaten there successfully with our Celiac son.  The Chicken is NOT GF but they have made a plain grilled chicken for him, the beef and pork are GF and they have a bread cheese ball made from manioc flour that is GF.