From:
Andrea Otken-Dennis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 21:43:46 -0500

Several people have posed questions to me in their responses, so I
thought I'd answer them, just in case anybody else wanted the
information..

I was tested, I think, for H. Pylori and it was negative. (According to
my lab work-the dr never gave me this information).

I was on a gluten containing diet at the time of the biopsy.
I believe, according to my labwork, (again, dr never told me) that 4
biopsies were taken in the duodenum. As far as the lab work says, those
were the only biopsies taken in the small intestine. Others were taken
in the esophagus and stomach (which I mentioned before).

What I thought was weird about the whole thing is that I don't have
reflux. I never have. and he didn't diagnose me with reflux from those
tests...I don't have acid indigestion or heartburn. The only time I ever
had those problems I was pregnant. I wasn't pregnant at the time of the
procedure (March, 1998).

My GI symptoms at the time were bleeding (different than what I have
now), frequent BMs (up to 10 or more a day), bouts of diarrhea about
every 2 days..

Other symptoms I had, depression, severe weight gain, fatigue, inability
to concentrate, among others.

The reason that I say that I have no intention of going off of the GF
diet is that my symptoms are almost completely gone..that is..I only
have diarrhea if I eat either something that I have an allergic reaction
to, am intolerant to, or contains gluten. One of the last bouts caused
me to have diarrhea non-stop for about 7 hours straight. This was from
some salad dressing that appeared safe (can you say vinegar?).

anyway...I appreciate everything that everyone has already written. I
will summarize.

I'm just concerned that the dr I will see tomorrow will try to force me
to go on a gluten containing diet (which I really pretty much refuse to
do) and then do tests that again don't prove anything.

Thanks again, and in advance.

Andrea