From:
David J Walland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 1997 13:59:13 +0100

Dear Lynn,

I thought I'd make this posting available to all as the
recipes may be of interest to others.

I have some recipes *which we've not yet tried* but from GF
cookbooks.  One is in cups (presumably originally American
or Australian).  One I am translating "on the fly" from
Danish so some odd phrasing may creep in.

Olde Englande Gingerbread (From "Wholefood Gluten Free
Cookery")

         [This recipe has been removed from the logfiles, as]
         [it is copyrighted material---the CELIAC Listowners]

"Dream-cake"  (from Magda's opskrifter -Dansk Coeliaki
Forening)

200 grams corn flour
50 grams potato flour
50 grams margerine
250 grams sugar
4  eggs
about 200 ml milk
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla sugar (made by leaving vanilla pods in sugar
for several days/weeks)  If you haven't got it, use a
reasonable amount of vanilla essence (1/4 tsp or whatever
is right for your particular palate)

Topping

125 grams margerine
100 grams grated dried coconut
250 grams dark brown sugar
50 ml milk

The toppingl is melted and stirred together in a saucepan.

Whisk the egg and sugar together to a thick mass.  Sieve in
the cornmeal and baking powder and add the vanilla
flavouring.  Mix in.  Heat the margerine and milk together
in a saucepan to the boil and carefully mix into the dough.
The dough is now spread in a greased and floured tin and
baked in the oven at 200 C (400 F) for about 20 min.  As
soon as the cake is cooked, spread the topping over it and
replace it in the oven  at 225 C (450 F) for 5 min.

The oven tin in the drawing is oblong and shallow.

The other thing I promised you is the UK Coeliac Soc
address:-

The Coeliac Society,
PO Box 220,
High Wycombe,
Bucks HP11 2HY
England

Sorry I haven't time to type in any more recipes today -
back to the salt-mining now!

Regards

David

David J Walland
University of Bristol Radiation Safety Officer
Tel +44 (0)117 928 8323
Fax +44 (0)117 929 1209