From:
Veronica Alicea <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 11:28:44 -0500

Subject Line: Dietary Specialties announces a temporary halt to its
operations

It is with great regret that we, at MenuDirect, must inform you that
there is currently a halt to all shipments of Dietary Specialties
products, as of Feb. 20. At this time we cannot foresee how long this
interruption will continue. However, it is our hope that Dietary
Specialties will resume operations with an even greater commitment to
the development and distribution of gluten free products as soon as
possible. And, with this, comes our pledge that we will keep you
informed as our situation changes and develops. However, we regret that
we cannot say much more at this time.

We apologize to the celiac community for the nature of this message, and
that it had to come so suddenly. But we ask for your understanding as we
explain that sometimes there is the "right" thing to do, and then there
is the "legal" thing to do, and so often, they are very different things.

If you have ordered from Dietary Specialties recently, please be aware
that the last orders were shipped Feb. 20. If you have placed an order
that was not shipped by Feb. 20, you will be notified and your account
will be credited, if you placed a credit card payment. Any checks
received for new orders after Feb. 20 have not been processed, and your
checks will be returned to you.

Please know that with this come our apologies to a community that we
have sought stridently to serve in the past, and hope that we can
continue to serve in the future. We ask for your patience and
understanding in this interim period. And we offer our sincere thanks
for the relationships in we have been honored to develop and participate
in for so long.

We will be in communication again through this list serve, as soon as
possible as we ask for your patience and understanding. And, again, with
this come our sincere apologies.

Yours,

H. Louis Cooperhouse, President

MenuDirect Corporation