From:
Michelle Melin-Rogovin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 13:43:28 -0500

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to clarify my earlier posting about the University of
Chicago Celiac Disease Program. In it, I mentioned that we had worked to
establish a celiac clinic at the University of Chicago Children's
Hospital--which is a pediatric clinic.

The University of Chicago Celiac Disease Program serves children and
adults, providing information and referrals, as well as non-medical
services. We work closely with the medical staff at the University of
Chicago Hospitals, and can provide referrals to University physicians
that treat children and adults (we also refer to other non-U of C
physicians in the Chicagoland area). It is our close working
relationship that helped to establish the clinic for children with
celiac disease, and we hope to help establish a clinic for adults in the
future.

We are so fortunate that our new celiac clinic (launched August 7th) has
been so successful--our clinic times have been full since we opened! We
are committed to serving as a resource for patients and families to find
the right doctor, whether in the U of C clinic or through adult
gastroenterologists across the city and suburbs.

If you need help in accessing services at the University of Chicago
Hospitals for celiac disease, we encourage you to contact our program
office directly. If you have questions about celiac disease or need
further information about our programs, feel free to call us about that
too. (Because we are still so new at this gargantuan medical institution,
not everyone knows about us--so calling us directly will have the best
result.)

We are so grateful for the support of the celiac community--we would not
have been able to achieve such success without the support of people like
those who contribute to this list every day.

Michelle

Michelle Melin-Rogovin, Program Director
The University of Chicago Celiac Disease Program
at The University of Chicago Children's Hospital
5839 S. Maryland Avenue, MC 4065
Chicago, Illinois 60637
Phone: 773-702-7593
Fax: 773-702-0666