From:
Rita Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rita Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jun 2004 16:13:09 -0500

This is a summary of wanting to know if there were any Gluten Free Restaurants in Des Moines, Iowa.

Thank you to all who responded.  Our plans got changed and we were only in Des Moines over night.

I had eight people recommend Noah's Ark in West Des Moines.  Una the manager there is Celiac.  She makes her own gluten free pizza crust and also has gluten free pastas, salad dressings, and on some weekends she has gluten free desserts.  This is were we ate.  You need to call at least 24 hours ahead to order a gluten free pizza.   It was very good, and Una was very helpful and came out to introduce herself.

Noah's Ark Restaurant and Lounge
2400 Ingersoll
Des Moines, IA
(515) 288-2246

There was 4 replys for Outback Steakhouse that serves a flourless brownie.
Outback Steakhouse
10901 University Av
Clive,  IA 50325
(515) 221-3309

Two suggestions for Biaggis Ristorante Italiano that serves gluten free pastas.
Biaggis Ristorante Italiano
5990 University Ave
West Des Moines
515-221-9900

One suggestion for Club Car in West Des Moines  and another for Mondo's in West Des Moines.

One suggestions for a health food store:
Nutrition Marketplace
8812 Swanson Blvd
CLIVE,  IA 50325 - 6910
(515) 225-8100

One suggestion to check out www.goodhealthpublishing.com for a list of 59 national/regional restaurants and their lists of gluten/wheat free items.

Thank you for all who replied.  I am looking forward to our next trip to Des Moines, knowing now that there are a lot of options.

Rita