From:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Feb 1999 19:18:48 EST

I second the posting on eating at Lonestar. I go to the one in Marlton, NJ
about 3 times a month. I have never had a gf problem there and I don't even go
through my speech anymore. Tonight, the waiter was someone I didn't recognize,
so I mentioned that the salad had to be made fresh...no pulling off the cheese
and croutons. He asked me what I was allergic to and said he had lots of
allergies. He teased me about not being able to order the beer and was most
solicitous. Considering his youthful age, I was impressed with how he made me
feel comfortable...which is not usually the case. His tip reflected his
kindness.

Also, I have become bored with the places I dine at and the few dishes I order
repeatedly...to avoid stress and risk of gluten. I'm shortly going to write to
a variety of restaurants in my area (Southern NJ) to inquire as to the chef's
recommendations or just how accommodating can they be. If anyone has addresses
for chain restaurants that are (relatively) nationwide, I'd appreciate the
addresses. I'll be glad to write to them and post the results.

Linda