From:
Delia Kang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Aug 2001 22:27:28 -0400

hello everyone!!!!

thank you for your responses...i went to the dentist...with no problems at
all, during or after!! i haven't had pain/swelling at all...i have been
taking advil, given by the doctor...but here is a summary of what all of you
said!! hope it's useful to someone else!!!

delia from ottawa, canada!!

I take darvocet for pain after surgery. We are not supposed to have
anti-inflammatory with CD, it irritates the stomach too much. Darvocet is
g/f

I understand that Vioxx, although it is for arthritis type pain was
originally used for dental pain. I had extensive dental work, including
surgery into the jaw bone, and had no pain. I was on Vioxx for my back. I
also used Darvacet for pain. Both are GF, soy, dairy and corn free.

Vicodin (both brand name and generic) is supposed to be gf. I take it for
overall chronic pain (I also have Rheumatoid arthritis in addition to CD)
and have no problems with it. The manufacturers have said that the products
are gf.

Advil is GF and if your dentist recommends an antibiotic to avoid infection,
Amoxocillin is GF also. I had a bit of dental surgery recently and the
Dentist recommended taking 3-4 Advil to avoid swelling as well as the pain.
I had no problems at all.

Just noticed you said Canada. Advil is ibuprofen, but read the label and get
one that says cellulose or some word like that , it will mean the tablet is
held together with that cellulose stuff and not wheat. you may get lucky adf
also fide one that says corn starch

My dentist ordered a concoction she made up and it worked wonders for me.
Ingredients: : Lidocaine/Kaopectate/Benedryl. My pharmacist made it up for
me. I squish it around in my mouth and spit it out. I have had to have heat
only on my jaw--no ice11111 Hope this relieves your pain, Let me know

Get the homeopathic remedy ARnica 6X or 6C...2 pills under the tongue
every two hours the day BEFORE surgery and the day after and then 4x a
day for as long as needed....couple of days. Reduces pain, swelling
bleeding...perfectly safe and it works!!

Tylenol 3 is gluten-free, and my pharmacist tells me that generic 222's
(from Pharmasave) are gluten free as well. Good luck at the dentist!

Ultram works well, and is GF. It has not been on the market long enough for
generics to be available for this pain killer, so you are (at least for the
time being) assured of getting a name brand medication. It is also very
expensive if you have to purchase it yourself.

I just had dental surgery and took Tylenol #3.No problems

Tylox is GF. I checked twice with the manufacturer n April and took it after
shoulder surgery with no problems.

Vioxx and Advil are both gf. Vioxx is one a day, and don't need food with it
(but expensive).