From:
Susan Krauss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 1997 18:05:10 -0700

At 07:32 PM 7/22/97 -0500, ABIGAIL NEUMAN wrote:
>I am nervous about a company changing it's spiel once they start getting a
lot of >phone calls.  We may be doing ourselves more harm than good if we
all start >calling the same company to verify information.  My gut feeling
is to trust the >first response they provided.  We put companies into a
panic when we all start >calling.

I think that customer service people don't always know and they don't
always ask the right person.  I'm super sensitive to wheat and gluten right
now (I'm not celiac but have recently been diagnosed with multiple food
intolerances - even a little bit of wheat and gluten gives me an immediate
negative reaction).  I have not reacted at all to Altoids and was surprised
to see the post about them having gluten.

I think it is important not to inundate companies with many calls and not
to take everything they say at face value if something doesn't make sense.
And the way the question is asked is also important.

But we've seen that customer service people have out-of-date ingredient
lists or lists which contradict each other and it is important to look at
any information given critically.

susan

Susan Krauss                            Krauss Research
[log in to unmask]                      http://www.wenet.net/~skrauss