From:
Carolyn Gage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 May 2000 19:18:50 -0400

Here are the latest emails on the connection between Parkinsons and CD.
Seems like a lot of folks are seeing a connection...

Carolyn Gage

Hi!  My grandmother had Parkinson's and I've wondered about whether I
would get it as well.  I've heard that once you have one auto-immune
disorder, you are likely to get more.  Of course, that's just what I've
heard and rumors are more damaging than helpful.  But, I'm trying to
take lots of vitamins, supplements, etc.

I have both and I can guarantee (almost) that they are indeed connected.

Incidently, The report by M.  Hadjivassiliou,et al.  was printed in The
Lancet, Feb 10, 1996, v347 n 8998 p369(3).  I don't know where you are
but I obtained a copy from the Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, AZ .  You
might try http://sbweb2.med.iacnet.com/infotrac

Have you tried putting in "celiac and Parkinsons disease" or "Celiac and
neurological disorders"

There is
Pub Med
On Health

my brother has parkinsons and i believe he has celiac, but his wife
thinks celiac is a hoax( much denial in my family)
I have celiac so do my children and most of my grandchildren , my dad
died from it ,my baby brother did too and my mother had what I think was

celiac and many cousins also
if you are gluten free than you probably won't have parkinsons
my dad's sister had celiac and lymphoma  not ever gluten free and
something like parkinsons
Many other national medical web sites.

Carolyn, I'm convinced there is some sort of relationship between and
amoung several immune difficent (Sp?)  diseases.  I have CD and
Diabetes, my syster has Lupus, and my Dad had Parkinson's.  I think that
points pretty strongly to genetic connections somewhere along the line.
I know it dosen't help a lot, but there are some definite patterns here.
Take care.  Dave T.