From:
Dawn Dutton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dawn Dutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 11:10:04 -0500

Bob Evans sent me (via snail-mail) a list of gluten free menu items.
The list includes a complete set of ingredients.  For the full text of
what they sent me, I suggest you contact Bob Evans directly.  Here's the
info they sent:

"None of our menu items are designed to be gluten-free.  Although many
are, Bob Evans and its suppliers realize sensitivity to gluten varies
from person to person, therefore, a claim of gluten-free cannot be made.
This is because an item may be cross-contaminated from a  gluten
containing item during the manufacturing process or comes in contact
with something containing gluten in the restaurant during normal
handling procedures.  Enclosed please find a list of menu items, which,
according to the ingredient statements, do not have any components that
contain gluten.  Please review this list and contact me if you have
additional questions.

No wheat, barley, rye (FallFY04.doc):
Breakfast:
 - Grits
- Scrambled Eggs
- Omelets
   -- Farmer's Market
   -- Garden Harvest
   -- Ham and Cheese
   -- Western
   -- Sausage and Cheese
- Bacon
- Smoked Ham
- Sausage
- Home Fries

Sides:  (NOTE:  French Fries and Mush are GF only if cooked in dedicated
fryers)
- Buttered Sweet Corn
- Applesauce
- Glazed Carrots
- Rice Pilaf
- Grilled Vegetables
- Baked Potato
- Cottage Cheese
- Fruit and Yogurt Plate
- Garden Salad
- Salad Dressing:  Blue Cheese, Buttermilk Ranch, Colonial, Fat free
Ranch, Wildfire Ranch, French, Thousand Island, Honey Mustard, Oriental
Vinaigrette, and Italian.  (NOTE:  Oil and Vinegar contains malt
vinegar).

Entrees:
- Hamburger
- Steak Monterey
- Turkey
- Cajun Catfish
- Pork Chops
- 16 oz T-Bone Steak
- Salmon Fillet

Beverages:
- Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Barq's Root Beer, Lemonade, Kool-Aid, Hot
Chocolate, 2% Milk, Chocolate Milk, Orange Juice, and Cran-Grape

Sincerely,
Tim Lawlis - Director of Technical Services
Bob Evans Farms, Inc."

RECOMMENDATION:  Most foods appear to be cooked on a common grill; it is
a good idea to request that any foods normally cooked on the grill,
should be cooked in a clean skillet with clean utensils.

Website: http://www.bobevans.com/