From:
Jane Raese <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jane Raese <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Sep 2006 13:39:17 -0700

Here's my summary of gluten-friendly dining and grocery/health food stores for Modesto,CA.

Grocery/Health Food Stores:
Trader Joe's (Across from Vintage Fair Mall)
3250 Dale Rd.
Modesto,CA 95356
(209) 491-0445
Trader Joe's has Food 4 Life bread,Chocolate Chip Organic Food Bar,LaraBar,Nuts,Fruit Leather and Frozen items. They do have a gluten-free list at the stores as well as the website: www.traderjoes.com

O'Brien's Market
839 W. Roseburg Ave. and 4120 Dale Rd. Modesto, CA.
O'Briens has Ian's frozen items,brown rice pizza crust,Arrowhead Mills Buckwheat Maple Flakes cereal and gf pasta.

Raley"s Market
2401 E. Orangeburg Ave. Modesto,CA. and 3430 Tully Rd.,Suite 40. Modesto,CA
Raley's has a GF section in their health food section. They have Tinkyada pasta,Pamela's cookies and Mixes,Lundberg Rice Chips,Bumble Bars,LaraBars,Think Organic Bars and Food 4 Life Bread.

Winco Foods (near the Highway) has GF items to bake or cook.

Village Health Foods (McHenry Village Shopping Center) They have a few gf items.
1700 McHenry Ave.
(209) 523-3466

Restaurants that can accommodate the GF diet.---Always ask questions !
1. In-N-Out Burger
2.El Pollo Loco
3.Home Town Buffet
4.Tony Roma's
5.Outback Steakhouse
6.Ming's Chinese on McHenry(bring your own soy sauce or request none)
7.Thai House 3430 Tully,209-544-0974
8.Wok King on Oakdale Rd. --Soup
9."A Vietnamese restaurant on Carver Rd. " the name is forgotten.

Also I was informed about www.goodhealthpublishing.com that has 105+ restaurant chains with their gf items in a book all for $22.00 (2-3 weeks to ship). Since I am leaving this Sat. Sept. 2nd this would not be an option for this trip.

Thanks for your help,
Jane in Southern California