From:
Wendy Turner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 May 2001 17:38:13 -0500

Hi everyone.  There was a post recently on weight gain, and this is related.
Does anyone else feel hungry after eating?  I have put on 15-20 pounds in 6
months.  I guess I have been exercising about 5 days per week instead of 6
(sometimes I feel too bad), but I wouldn't think that alone would cause me
to gain quite so much.  One thing I have noticed is that I can no longer
really tell when I am hungry.  Whenever I eat, especially a meal rich in
carbohydrates, I get really intense food cravings 1-2 hours later.  I think
that I am hungry, but I guess that can't be possible, because a meal should
not have finished digesting yet.  Interestingly, once I make it four hours
or so, I'm fine and don't usually feel hungry at all for awhile.  Does this
ring a bell with anyone?  Does eating make anyone else hungry?  This is so
frustrating.  I don't know whether I should listen to my body and give it
nutrients, or whether I should try to ignore the cravings (VERY hard to do)
since my brain knows that I couldn't possibly really be hungry.  Can anybody
shed any light on this or have strategies to deal with it?  My doctor hasn't
given me any useful advice.  Thanks.

Wendy

ps.  Stool tests qualitatively showed fat, meaning I probably have
malabsorption, but they have scheduled another test (small bowel
investigation?) to measure it and see if I really am malabsorbing nutrients.