From:
Lorraine Weaver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 May 2002 14:52:22 -0400

I recently flew from Cleveland Ohio to Las Vegas via of Continental
Airlines.  I had requested a gluten free meal when I made my reservation.=

I had great gluten free meals both ways.  My first meal consisted of a
chicken breast, white rice, broccoli, Jenny's individually wrapped
macaroon, bag of potato chips and a small container of water.  My return
flight consisted of a chicken breast, mashed potatoes, peas, whole fresh
apple, individually wrapped coconut macaroon, and a small container of
water.

Attached to my first meal was a card that read "Continental Airlines and
The University of Houston, Conrad N. Hilton College of Hotel and Restaurant
Management, have collaborated on Continental's new SPECIAL MEAL PROGRAM.

Professor and Dietitian Dr. Nancy Graves, R.D. has used her expertise to
design new menus in all special meal categories.  All of the menus are
based on a 2000 calorie diet.  This meal represents a portion of your
calorie needs and is balanced according to the nutritional guidelines of
the food pyramid promoted by the USDA.  Enjoy Your specially Designed
Meal."  On the reversed side of the card was the Food Guide Pyramid.

On my return flight was a Special Meal Request form with the following meal
categories:  Diabetic, Gluten Free, Low Calorie, Low Cholesterol/Low Fat,=

Low Sodium, Non-Lactose, Hindu, Kosher, Moslem, Asian (Indian)
Vegetarian, Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian, Vegan(Strict) Vegetarian, Fruit,
Seafood, Children'= s, Infant.

This is wonderful that Continental Airlines has taken Special Meals
seriously.

Lorraine Weaver
Pittsburgh, PA