Date:
Sun, 22 Aug 1999 19:18:19 -0400

Dear Listmates,

Thanks to all for the great suggestions and feedback re: GF crackers and
snacks.  Below is a summary.  Happy snacking to all!!  Appreciate all
the help!  :--)   --Debbie

--Try the Blue Diamond Nut Thins - they are very yummy! Also, WASA Corn
Crisps are quite tasty.

--I enjoy the Blue Diamond brand Hazelnut crackers.

--I LOVE the Glutano pretzels (I order from GF pantry)!  I also enjoy
the wasa crisp corn crackers (though they are priced very high at the
one market I can find them at).

--There is a brand of cookie, called "Frookies" and they have a few flavors
of GF.  Quite good.  In one of Bette Haggeman's books (I forget which one)
there is a recipie for GF granola bars.  It makes a batch and is quite
addictive.  If you have a dehydrator then you can make a batch of beef jerky,
the oven works fine also.

--Blue Diamond Nut Thins?  Delicious, but unforunately can't get them in all
the stores I order mine thru a catalog.  1 - 800 - 445-3957.  They come in
almond, pecan and hazelnut and are of course GF.

--I have Rice Crisps, made in Taiwan by I Lan Foods Industrial Ltd
I find them in Canada as well in the USA in the ethnic alley.

--I am particularly fond of Kame crackers, when I can find them.  (And when I
do, I usually buy a case -- Sesame is my favorite).  If I can't get to the
specialty store, 30+ miles away, I like Sesmark.  There has been some
questioning threads about Sesmark GF status; however, but I am very sensitive
and have had no adverse reactions to them, so I rely on them in a pinch.

--I really, really like the EnerG pretzels.   I also use the
EnerG crackers.  They aren't quite like saltines but they are the best
crackers I have tried so far.

-- Ener-G crackers ...like saltines.  Well, they do have the same initial
flavor -- but also a slight after taste that saltines don't have.  However,
they are close enough for me.

--Energ bread sticks -I cannot recommend them as they were so hard I
could not bite into them (has some teeth problems)

--I got my last pizza crust mix from "Gifts of Nature:" -----
       http://www.glutenfreemall.com

--"Crunch Master" rice crackers (available at many Costco stores or directly
through the distributor Unified Products, 20001 So.  Western Ave., Torrance,
CA 90501) have been a staple snack item in our house for many months.
(others noted but no longer could get at Costco)

--My son really likes the Gluten Free Pantry's crackers, Glutano is the
brand.  They're expensive, but well worth it.  They're buttery, like a club
cracker, and hold up well for cheese spread.

--I would like to suggest the nut crackers that Golden Walnut puts out.  They
have three kinds, pecan, hazelnut, and almond.  I buy the pecan crackers by
the case and they go fast.  They are my favorite cracker.  Here is the
address and tel. #.
   Golden Walnut Specialty Foods
   3200 16th St.
   Zion Il. 60099-1416
   Tel. 1-800-445-3957
   Fax.847-731-6433
A case has 12 boxes and cost $32.60  They will send you a sample of each
to try if you wish.

--The crackers from Ener-g foods are ok--not exceptionaly good.  The
prezells are vey good and so are the ones from Glutano.  (several
similar posts)

--Dietary Specialties crackers are WONDERFUL. The pretzels are great,
too. (several posts)

--Nature's Highlights has some Rice Sticks--like a crisp breadstick.
Salty ones are pretty good when you crave salt!  Crunchy

--I happen to REALLY like the EnerG crackers and pretzels.  I think the
Ener-G Foods crackers are wonderful.  They taste to me much the same a the
old saltines I had before diagnosis.  Of course, I hadn't had any crackers
for 25 years.  They also have some other crackers that are good, being in
plain, garlic, and, I think, sesame.  Bette Hagman's new book contains great
cracker recipes.  I have no financial connection to either.