From:
Sue Hersom <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sue Hersom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jun 2009 21:10:35 -0400

Just got back from Honolulu.  I stayed at the Marriott's Waikiki hotel, and one
of their restaurants' chef, Chef Miles, made me g-f pancakes in the morning
for breakfast from my own g-f pancake mix I brought with me (no extra
charge!).  That was so great to enjoy pancakes along with the breakfast
buffet in the morning!  I realize some people may not want to risk cross-
contact in the buffet line, but I had no problems sticking with the bacon (the
bacon was not sitting on bread), fruit, yogurt and fresh scrambled eggs.

We ate at Cheeseburgerland (Cheeseburger in Paradise) and ordered a
mushroom avocado cheeseburger w/o bun (we toasted our own hamburger
buns at the hotel (yes, we brought our own toaster to Hawaii!) and brought
the buns to the restaurant).  They were delicious!  No fries, but their
macadamia nut coleslaw was g-f (given the ingredients they gave me), and
we had no problems afterward.

The best meal was at the Yard House in Waikiki.  They have a g-f menu.  We
started with their Spinach Cheese Dip w/ no bread (we brought our own
tortilla chips) - absolutely "to die for."  I think ordered a BBQ chicken salad
and my daughter ordered their turkey club sandwich w/o bread off their g-f
menu (she brought her own bun).  Again, a great meal.

Hope this helps anyone traveling to Waikiki!

Sue