From:
Anne Barfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anne Barfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 2003 14:38:06 -0600

Imagine this!! A Girl Scout Cookie Sale, and all the cookies are gluten
free! And you can buy and eat all you want, plus take some home for the
freezer!

Where will this fantasy be happening?

San Antonio Celiac Support Group and the local celiac community will be
participating in Earth Day festivities to be held at Woodlawn Lake in
San Antonio, Texas, on Saturday, April 19, from 10am to 4pm. . Many of
us have had experience with Bake Sales affiliated with raising funds for
schools, churches and other organizations. Now here is a chance to do
the same for a support group.

Thanks to Suzy Holleron, Marketing Director at Whole Foods, we have a
prime location reserved. There should be muffins, cookies, rolls, and
individual slices of cakes for people to munch on as they enjoy the day.
The other category would be a whole cake, pie, pizza, or loaf of bread
for them to take home with them and be able to freeze. We will, of
course, label everything in respect for those who have additional
dietary sensitivities. There will also be coffee and other drinks available.

 From our past experience at the Whole Foods Wellness Fairs, many people
are eager to sample something that is gluten free. They may not be
diagnosed celiacs, but for whatever reason, they avoid wheat. Those of
us who worked the table there were surprised to find how many people
choose not to eat wheat.

Please mark this day on your calendar as a day to come on over to San
Antonio, celebrate Earth Day, and help make a little money for a good
cause&.our support group. Just like at a regular Bake Sale&. You can
bake your specialties, take them to the booth to sell, and of course,
then buy some to take home with you!

This is our first attempt at a gluten- free bake sale, so if you have
had experience in this area, and want to offer some tips, let us hear
from you.

For more information, contact Anne Barfield